Carrie Underwood Releases Storyteller This Friday, October 23
Cross-Country Media Appearances Celebrate the Release of Underwood’s
Fifth Studio Album
Nashville, TN – (October 21, 2015) - Superstar Carrie Underwood is set to release her fifth studio album, Storyteller, this Friday, October 23. Carrie will launch the new music with multiple appearances in New York and Los Angeles before heading back to Music City to co-host The 49th Annual CMA Awards on ABC with Brad Paisley on November 4 where she is a double nominee. On Friday, October 23 Carrie will headline a special outdoor performance on NBC’s Today, as part of their Citi Concert Series. On Tuesday, October 27 Carrie is set to chat and perform on The Ellen DeGeneres Show as well as make a guest chat appearance and an outdoor concert performance on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live!
This weekend CMT will celebrate Storyteller with a special takeover October 24-25 timed to the release of the album featuring “CMT Instant Jam,” “CMT Crossroads,” and a Carrie co-hosted “CMT Hot 20.”
On Monday, November 2 Carrie will appear and perform as part of the pre-CMA Awards special, Countdown to the CMA Awards: Country’s Greatest Crossover Hits with Robin Roberts, on ABC. That same evening Carrie will make a special appearance on The Late, Late Show with James Corden on CBS. On November 5, Carrie will appear on Lifetime’s Emmy-nominated Project Runway. Carrie will join Emmy Award winners Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn along with Nina Garcia and Zac Posen as a guest judge for the season finale.
In addition to the October 23 digital and CD release of Storyteller, a limited-edition version of the album will be released on 150-gram vinyl on December 4. The vinyl edition will also include special etched artwork featuring Carrie’s name and the album name on one side of the two-LP set. The vinyl edition is currently available for pre-order at http://smarturl.it/amzstorytellervinyl.
Fans can read more about Carrie in the recent People magazine cover story, as the cover subject of Shape’s November issue out now, the Country Weekly cover feature on stands this Friday, and the December cover of Cosmopolitan due on stands in a couple of weeks. This Sunday’s Parade magazine cover features Carrie, with her dogs Ace and Penny, on why she loves Halloween and scary movies.
Fans purchasing music at Target will receive two exclusive tracks, “Heartbeat (stripped)” and “Little Girl Don’t Grow Up Too Fast.” Earlier today, Carrie debuted a special performance of the track, “Heartbeat (stripped).” Watch it here http://bit.ly/CUTargetHeartbeat.
Storyteller was produced by Jay Joyce, Mark Bright, and Zach Crowell with six of its 13 songs co-written by Carrie, including the Top-10-and-climbing record-breaking first single, “Smoke Break.”
- “Renegade Runaway” (Carrie Underwood/Chris DeStefano/Hillary Lindsey)
- “Dirty Laundry” (Zach Crowell/Ashley Gorley/Hillary Lindsey)
- “Church Bells” (Zach Crowell/Brett James/Hillary Lindsey)
- “Heartbeat” (Carrie Underwood/Zach Crowell/Ashley Gorley)
- “Smoke Break” (Carrie Underwood/Chris DeStefano/Hillary Lindsey)
- “Choctaw County Affair” (Jason White)
- “Like I’ll Never Love You Again” (Hillary Lindsey/Lori McKenna/Liz Rose)
- “Chaser” (Carrie Underwood/Mike Elizondo/Hillary Lindsey)
- “Relapse” (Ben Caver/Sara Haze/Brett James)
- “Clock Don’t Stop” (Blair Daly/Chris DeStefano/Hillary Lindsey)
- “The Girl You Think I Am” (Carrie Underwood/David Hodges/Hillary Lindsey)
- “Mexico” (Kathleen Higgins/Jamie Moore/Derrick Adam Southerland)
- “What I Never Knew I Always Wanted” (Carrie Underwood/Brett James/Hillary Lindsey)
Tracks 1, 2, 5-8 produced by Jay Joyce
Tracks 3, 10-13 produced by Mark Bright
Tracks 4, 9 produced by Zach Crowell
Digital pre-orders of Storyteller at http://smarturl.it/custoryteller will immediately receive not only the current single, “Smoke Break,” but also the songs “Heartbeat,” “Renegade Runaway,” and “What I Never Knew I Always Wanted.”