LADY A SHARES A LOVE-LETTER WITH FANS THROUGH EIGHTH STUDIO ALBUM WHAT A SONG CAN DO - AVAILABLE OCT. 22ND
Fans Can Pre-Order The Full 14-Song Collection Now and Instantly Receive New Track "Where Would I Be"
NASHVILLE, TN - Aug. 20, 2021 - Multi-Platinum band Lady A continues to emerge with a new refined vision, as they share details today behind the full release of their eighth studio album WHAT A SONG CAN DO (BMLG Records), out October 22. Working again with producer Dann Huff, the 14 tracks reinvigorate the band’s signature sound – a captivating fusion of rootsy pop and electrifying harmony that has dominated charts for more than a decade. WHAT A SONG CAN DO is a love letter to fans – steeped in music’s power to get us through, as their new album feels like a reawakening, and to Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott, the road ahead looks better than ever. Fans can pre-order the full album here.
“We’ve rediscovered our purpose, and it’s to entertain and spread a positive message – I really truly believe that,” Charles Kelley said. “I want our legacy to be songs that make people feel good. But, I also think there’s more to our story that hasn’t been written yet.”
As their fun loving Top-15-and-rising lead single “Like a Lady” stresses self-acceptance and female empowerment, “You Keep Thinking That” puts Scott’s sweet yet sassiness on blast, further amplifying her self-made message. Always up for a good time, Thomas Rhett, Darius Rucker and tour mate Carly Pearce offer support in the trio’s twang-rocking first true collaboration, “Friends Don’t Let Friends.” Additionally, Haywood steps to the mic for his first-ever lead vocal on the devoted “Working On This Love” as it finds him delivering a tender acoustic poem written solo for his wife, Kelli. The 14-track project ends on a romantic sway with “Swore I Was Leaving,” which was the first song the trio wrote for WHAT A SONG CAN DO. All of it illustrates the patient, gracious optimism the band has taken from their years together.
Fans can listen to the gentle acoustic sway behind "Where Would I Be" that shares how refinement comes in many forms here: https://LA.lnk.to/WWIB_LyricPR
WHAT A SONG CAN DO TRACK LIST:
1. “Talk Of This Town” Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Nicolle Galyon, Jordan Reynolds
2. “What A Song Can Do” Charles Kelley, Sam Ellis, Ryan Hurd, Laura Veltz
3. “Like A Lady” Hillary Scott, Dave Barnes, Michelle Buzz, Martin Johnson, Brandon Paddock
4. “Things He Handed Down” Charles Kelley, Julian Bunetta, Jesse Frasure, Thomas Rhett
5. “Fire” Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Justin Ebach
6. “Chance Of Rain” Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Topher Brown, Justin Ebach
7. “Worship What I Hate” Dave Haywood, Hillary Scott, Natalie Hemby, Amy Wadge
8. “Where Would I Be” David Garcia, Natalie Hemby, Jordan Terry Minton
9. “Friends Don’t Let Friends” (featuring Carly Pearce, Thomas Rhett, Darius Rucker) Charles Kelley, Julian Bunetta, Ashley Gorley, Thomas Rhett
10. “In Waves” Charles Kelley, Joey Hendricks, Alysa Vanderheym, Michael Whitworth
11. “You Keep Thinking That” Charles Kelley, Dave Cohen, Chris Gelbuda, Steven Lee Olsen
12. “Be That For You” Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Corey Crowder
13. “Workin’ On This Love” Dave Haywood
14. “Swore I Was Leaving” Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Jordan Reynolds, Parker Welling
Built around rich vocal harmony, vivid emotional writing and a smooth fusion of country, rock and pop, Lady A have long been a model of mainstream success. Their 11 No. Ones, 18 million albums sold, 34 million tracks, five billion digital streams and a global touring footprint prove the point. Known for their 9X Platinum hit “Need You Now,” which is the highest certified song by a Country group, they have earned CMA “Vocal Group of the Year” trophies three years in a row and countless other honors including five GRAMMY Awards, Billboard Music Awards, People’s Choice Awards, Teen Choice Awards, a Tony Award nod and were recently inducted as members of the Grand Ole Opry. They recently launched their 34-city LADY A: WHAT A SONG CAN DO TOUR with special guests Carly Pearce, Niko Moon and Tenille Arts, as a portion of the ticket sales going towards LadyAID, the group’s philanthropic fund. For more information visit www.ladyamusic.com.