NASHVILLE, Tenn. – (September 26, 2019) – With upwards of 2,000 Real Friends in attendance, Chris Janson celebrated his second sold-out, headlining show last night (9/25) at the Ryman Auditorium. The Tennessean has theorized that the high-octane entertainer shoots “out of a cannon from side stage” leading into his performances, and the same was true last night at the hallowed venue. He also welcomed special guest Jamey Johnson to the stage for a rendition of Merle Haggard’s “Footlights,” while Charles Esten joined him for a chorus of his 2x Platinum No. 1 smash “Buy Me A Boat.”
Janson brought last night’s crowd to their feet with fan favorites as well as songs from his new album Real Friends, including his current single “Good Vibes.” The “electric, juiced-up anthem” (Billboard) is currently approaching Top 5 at country radio as the October 18 album release approaches. He co-wrote and co-produced the song, along with the rest of the thirteen tracks on the upcoming project, with some of the paramount musicians in the industry – who happen to be among his closest friends. Janson also teams up with label-mate and fellow Grand Ole Opry member Blake Shelton to perform the record’s title track. Real Friends is available now for pre-order (click HERE).
Fans who pre-order the album will also have instant access to download four tracks. This month he revealed the romantic “Done” and its music video (watch HERE). The decorated songwriter and award-winning recording artist has previously released the “high-energy but… soft-edged” (The New York Times) track “Say About Me,” the “blue-collar rocker” (Taste of Country) “Waitin’ on Five” and the “electric, juiced-up anthem” (Billboard) “Good Vibes.”
Janson recently announced his Real Friends – Fall 2019 tour, which will see him bring his explosive and charismatic live set from coast to coast. For tickets and more information, go to https://www.chrisjanson.com/tour.
Real Friends Track Listing
1. Good Vibes* (Chris Janson, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley)
2. Check (Chris Janson, Tommy Cecil, Greylan James, James McNair, Mitch Oglesby)
3. Done (Chris Janson, Mitch Oglesby, Jamie Paulin, Matt Roy)
4. Normal People* (Chris Janson, Zach Crowell, Tommy Cecil)
5. Say About Me (Chris Janson, Shy Carter, Tommy Cecil)
6. Waitin’ on 5 (Chris Janson, Shy Carter, Tommy Cecil, Craig Wiseman)
7. Hawaii on Me (Chris Janson, Kelly Roland, Will Nance)
8. Mine Does (Chris Janson, Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip)
9. God’s Gotta Be a Good Ole Boy (Chris Janson, Brock Berryhill, Brad Clawson, Greylan James, Mitch Oglesby)
10. Real Friends (feat. Blake Shelton) (Chris Janson, Brad Clawson, Greylan James, Mitch Oglesby)
11. Everybody’s Going Through Something (Chris Janson, Tom Douglas, Tony Lane)
12. Beer Me** (Chris Janson, Brock Berryhill, Jason Blaine, Jay Brunswick, Mitch Oglesby)
13. Country USA (Chris Janson, David Lee Murphy, Mitch Oglesby)
Produced by Chris Janson and Tommy Cecil
*Produced by Zach Crowell / Co-Produced by Chris Janson
**Produced by Chris Janson and Brock Berryhill
About Chris Janson
Who is Chris Janson? He’s a “live legacy in the making” (Rolling Stone). Breakout country star Janson is a platinum-selling recording artist, high-octane entertainer, multi-instrumentalist, and award-winning singer/songwriter. In the four years since the release of his debut album, the three-time CMA nominee has collected prestigious accolades that place him amongst country music greats, including two No. 1 singles. He most recently took home the trophy for ACM Video of the Year for his Gold-certified, inspiring hit song “Drunk Girl,” which also earned the Song of the Year title at the 2018 MusicRow Awards and was named one of the “Ten Songs I Wish I’d Written” by NSAI. His chart-topping, double-Platinum smash “Buy Me A Boat” earned the same NSAI honor, making him one in a handful of the industry’s most elite artists to earn the title multiple times, as well as the iHeartRadio Music Awards Country Song of the Year. Now it’s onto new music for Janson: “Good Vibes,” the flagship single from his forthcoming album Real Friends, due October 18, is nearing Top 5 at country radio. In addition to his own successes, the talented songwriter has lent his pen to industry peers including Tim McGraw (“Truck Yeah,” “How I’ll Always Be”), LOCASH (“I Love This Life”) and the legendary Hank Williams Jr. (“God Fearin’ Man,” “Those Days Are Gone”).