As anticipation grows for the Friday (7/10) release of his brand-new album, Sunday Drive (PRE-ORDER HERE), Brett Eldredge is adding to the excitement by sharing the official music video for current single “Gabrielle” today (WATCH HERE). Filmed in and around the high school he attended growing up in Paris, IL, members of his The Locals fan club (JOIN HERE) were given a sneak peek on Monday (7/6) before its YouTube Premiere this morning. Fans can also catch the video as it airs multiple times throughout the day on all CMT and MTV broadcast platforms.
“We started the day filming this video in the basketball gym that my grandfather, father, brother and myself all played in and ended the day in an open field watching one of the best Midwest sunsets I’d ever seen,” Eldredge shared. “The visual is so raw and honest that it feels like I’m still there in that gym. I can almost hear the lights buzz as they warm up before turning on completely and smell the old wood of the gym floor. I hope this song and the nostalgia we captured in the video inspires people to chase down opportunities your heart gives you, even if it might not work out in the end. You’ll be glad you never let fear hold you back.”
In addition, Eldredge recently released the album’s title track, where his signature emotive vocal paints the scene of a picturesque childhood memory over piano accompaniment. Written by Barry Dean, Don Mescall and Steve Robson, the story unfolds as strings swell in the background and we learn the true impact that a seemingly simple “Sunday Drive” can have – for parent and child.
Creating Sunday Drive began with the realization that Eldredge needed to dial back to dial in. With just a flip phone, Polaroid camera, notebook and guitar by his side, he was able to reexamine both himself and the world around him. Together with likeminded producers Daniel Tashian and Ian Fitchuk, Eldredge found a way to blend his acclaimed voice and strong midwestern values with a deepened sense of self and naturally matured sound.
He co-wrote all but one of the album’s 12 tracks alongside pillars of the Nashville songwriting community like Jessie Jo Dillon and Tyler Johnson, as well as frequent past-collaborators with whom he has penned multiple chart-topping, Platinum-certified singles. Eldredge also teamed up with Sunday Drive’s award-winning producers, Tashian and Fitchuk, to write several album standouts including “Gabrielle,” “Good Day,” and “Paris Illinois.”
SUNDAY DRIVE TRACK LISTING
1. Where the Heart Is – Brett Eldredge, Jessie Jo Dillon, Tyler Johnson
2. The One You Need – Brett Eldredge, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt Rogers
3. Magnolia – Brett Eldredge, Scooter Carusoe
4. Crowd My Mind – Brett Eldredge, Ross Copperman
5. Good Day – Brett Eldredge, Daniel Tashian, Ian Fitchuk
6. Fall For Me – Brett Eldredge, Daniel Tashian, Ian Fitchuk
8. When I Die – Brett Eldredge, Daniel Tashian, Ian Fitchuk
9. Gabrielle – Brett Eldredge, Daniel Tashian, Ian Fitchuk
10. Fix A Heart – Brett Eldredge, Scooter Carusoe
11. Then You Do – Brett Eldredge, Scooter Carusoe
12. Paris Illinois – Brett Eldredge, Daniel Tashian, Ian Fitchuk