Country Music’s Third Biggest Debut-Week for Album Sales This Year
Shelton’s 12th Top 10 on the Billboard 200 Chart
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – (December 23, 2019) –Blake Shelton puts an exclamation mark on the end of an incredible decade of success with Fully Loaded: God’s Country debuting at #1 on the Billboard Country Albums Chart. The album also cements the title of third biggest debut-week sales total for a country album this year. Additionally, the album has already amassed more than 350,000 album equivalent units to date.
“You never know when all of this is gonna fade away,” said Shelton. “So thank God for the fans who continually support my music and inspire me to keep the party going! Also want to thank the songwriters who trusted me with their music. This album wouldn’t exist without them.”
The Grammy nominated title track was a multi-week #1 at country radio and the second most streamed country song released in 2019, earning it the CMA Award for Single of The Year. Written by Devin Dawson, Hardy and Jordan Schmidt, “God’s Country” was also recently certified double Platinum by the RIAA.
The album features five brand new songs including “Hell Right,” which he shared with numerous television appearances the last few weeks, performing on “Ellen,” “The Kelly Clarkson Show” and “The Voice,” where he was joined by season 17 team advisor and duet partner, Trace Adkins. He and Shelton will say farewell to 2019 performing “God’s Country” on NBC’s New Year’s Eve With Carson Daly as well as an additional performance of “Hell Right” with Adkins.
The album’s “Nobody But You,” a brand new duet with Gwen Stefani, claimed the #1 position on the iTunes songs chart upon release. “This was one of those songs where the more I heard it, the more I fell in love with it,” Shelton said. “I also realized how important it is for me and where I am in my life and Gwen had to be on it – because it is our song. I think it’s magic.”
Shelton is hitting the road next year on his “Friends and Heroes 2020” tour beginning Thursday, February 13 in Portland, OR. Special guest Lauren Alaina will join him on the 16-date run in addition to appearances by The Bellamy Brothers, John Anderson and Trace Adkins. The tour will hit major cities throughout the Midwest and West Coast, including a stop at The Forum in Los Angeles (full list below).
FULLY LOADED: GOD’S COUNTRY TRACK LISTING & SONGWRITERS
1. God’s Country - Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt, Devin Dawson
2. Hell Right (feat. Trace Adkins) - David Garcia, Brett Tyler, Michael Hardy
3. Nobody But You (Duet with Gwen Stefani) - Ross Copperman, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne, Tommy Lee James
4. Came Here to Forget - Craig Wiseman, Deric Ruttan
5. She’s Got a Way with Words - Wyatt Earp, Andy Albert, Marc Beeson
6. A Guy With a Girl - Ashley Gorley, Bryan Simpson
7. Every Time I Hear That Song - Aimee Mayo, Chris Lindsey, Brad Warren, Brett Warren
8. I’ll Name the Dogs - Matt Dragstrem, Ben Hayslip, Josh Thompson
9. I Lived It - Ashley Gorley, Ben Hayslip, Rhett Akins, Ross Copperman
10. Turnin’ Me On - Blake Shelton, Jessi Alexander, Josh Osborne
11. Jesus Got a Tight Grip - Blake Shelton, Chase McGill, Jessi Alexander, Rhett Akins
12. Tequila Sheila - Mac Davis, Shel Silverstein
BLAKE SHELTON’S “FRIENDS AND HEROES 2020” DATES
2/13 – Portland, OR – Moda Center
2/14 – Tacoma, WA – Tacoma Dome
2/15 – Spokane, WA – Spokane Arena
2/20 – Bakersfield, CA – Mechanics Bank Arena
2/21 – Fresno, CA – Save Mart Center
2/22 – Sacramento, CA – Golden 1 Center
2/27 – Salt Lake City, UT – Vivint Smart Home Arena